Avoid common causes of fire in your home
- Check your electrical appliances for faults or loose/exposed wires. Don’t overload electrical sockets.
- If you smoke, make sure to stub cigarettes completely out.
- Avoid running appliances like washing machines or dryers at night or when no-one is home. Clean lint from tumble dryers.
- Don’t burn candles in your home and keep soft furnishings away from anything that generates heat.
- Make sure you take care in the kitchen – don’t leave cooking unattended and keep electrical appliances and leads away from water.
- For more tips on avoiding the main causes of fire