Ducketts Apartments is under 18m in height, and does have some cladding material in parts of the external wall.
Our fire safety engineers, M10 Fire Consultancy attended Ducketts Apartments in June, and are now in the process of putting together a full report detailing the work that will be required at the property in order to allow us to gain a B1 rated EWS1 form.
As soon as we have the findings of this report, we will report back to residents to give them a full update.
We have engaged external legal specialists to ensure appropriate action is taken in regards to the stand-still agreement.
What steps have we taken at Ducketts Apartments
1. We have undertaken initial investigation work into the External Wall System (EWS) at Ducketts Apartments
2. We attended a meeting with the TRA on 1 April to provide an initial briefing to residents
3. We completed investigations in June 2021, and are now awaiting the findings. As soon as we have the report, we will update residents further
1. Once we have clarification from the assessors, we will investigate potential solutions to determine risk mitigation measures
2. As part of our programme to review your building’s safety, we have to complete some final outstanding Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) actions to ensure that the risk of fire is as small as it can be across the whole of Ducketts Apartments. As mentioned in our last update, during the FRA of the building, some required remedial work was identified.
The FRA highlighted a potential risk of a fire occurring in the bin store area, and the risk that any fire could spread across the external face of the building. To reduce the risk fire from the bins store we needed to undertake some remedial work to some of the balconies across the building. This work affects seven individual homes across the development, and we are contacting the impacted residents to keep them fully informed about what to expect.
2. We will assessing the remedial works required and producing a detailed programme of work for you to see
3. We will be communicating regularly about progress - please make sure we have your most up to date email address so that we can send you updates
4. We will keep this microsite updated with information as this becomes available