Eaton Place is made up of two blocks, Stratford House and Weymouth House, which are both under 18 metres in height.
Following inspections at Eaton Place, our fire assessors have identified that additional building safety works are needed to the external fascia of the building and in some internal areas of the block.
What steps have we taken at Eaton Place?
1. We have undertaken preliminary investigation work into the External Wall System (EWS) at Eaton Place
2. We have appointed VINCI Facilities to carry out any required work on your block. This includes further investigation and the possible removal and reinstatement of the external wall insulation and cladding
3. We have changed the evacuation policy of the buildings from a Stay Put to a Full Evacuation
4. We have installed radio-linked detection systems into all homes
What happens next?
1. To complete our investigations, VINCI Facilities will need to erect a scaffold to all levels of the building. We anticipate that work will begin on XXX and expect the scaffolding to be in place for 3-4 weeks.
2. During this stage ongoing technical surveys will be carried out on the building. These surveys are essential to determine the full scope and programme for the project.
3. We will keep this microsite updated with information as this becomes available