Current fire safety advice
This page was last updated 23 March 2021
Updated Fire Evacuation Procedure
As a precautionary measure, due to fire safety concerns within the building, the fire strategy for The Roundhouse has changed from ‘stay put’ to ‘simultaneous evacuation’.
Please take some time to familiarise yourself with the updated strategy, which is outlined below. Ensure all other people within your flat (including any visitors) are also familiar with the strategy.
Your own independent smoke alarm will alert you and other occupants if there is a fire within your flat. The alarm will not sound in any other flats.
Residents who may require additional mobility assistance in a fire event should contact FirstPort.
Action to take on discovering a fire in your flat:
· Leave your flat immediately, ensuring everyone in your flat leaves with you
· Close all doors behind you, especially your front door
· Inform one of the Fire Marshals on duty
· Make your way to the nearest exit and move away from the building to the Assembly Point at The Marquee Structure, Central Plaza, Gunwharf Quays Shopping Centre.
Occupants of other flats upon hearing the alarm:
· Upon hearing the alarm or being instructed to evacuate, leave your flat immediately, ensuring everyone in your flat leaves with you
· Leave the premises by the nearest exit and move away from the building
· DO NOT use any lifts
· Do not return to the building until the ‘all clear’ has been given by the Fire Service