Resource centre

We always recommend that our residents  obtain their own legal advice when dealing with issues to do with their home. While Southern Housing  will do everything we can to provide you with the information you need to make a decision or to understand a situation, we can't give you legal, financial or property advice.

Below are some additional, independent resources which our leaseholders and residents may find helpful:

Leasehold Advisory Service provides free advice on residential leasehold law. It is an independent body, and can provide initial advice and guidance on residential long leasehold (that is, a flat or house with a lease longer than 21 years) law. It also advises on fire safety to those leaseholders living in high-rise buildings.

Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) is the leading professional body for those working in the property sector. It has issued a number of guidance notes on the topic of building safety, particularly on the interpretation of how an EWS1 form should be issued and used.

The RICS also has a Q&A document on their website which you may find useful.

The Ministry for Housing, Community, and Local Government has published a set of documents which sets out their Building Safety Programme, and details the work that is taking place, in conjunction with landlords and residents, to make sure that buildings are safe.